The interior of your Moon Mug is inspired by a firestorm of nebula gases captured by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope, created by Joel Cherrico.
"I think of these mug colors as abstract paintings. Real images of deep space galaxy cloud clusters and nebula inspire my abstract glaze paintings, meant to reference the night sky. I created my own form of glaze chemistry to translate these feats of nature onto a coffee mug, by hand, so no two mugs are identical. Your mug is a piece of art, but also meant to be used and enjoyed everyday."
Unparalleled craftsmanship. Artistic mastery. Uncompromised beauty. Experience your coffee in the finest mugs in the cosmos.
Luxury Cosmic Mugs are:
- Handmade: skillfully crafted on a pottery wheel by renowned artist Joel Cherrico.
- Functional: 100% non-toxic and safe to drink from daily.
- Valuable: accents of 23 karat gold.
- Earthen: made from iron, copper, cobalt, feldspar, silica, and wood ash.
- Colorful: in bright light, more colors appear.
- Unique: kiln fired to 2,200 degrees F. from 101% solar electric offset.
- One-of-a-kind: No two mugs are identical.
- Limited: made in small batches by Joel Cherrico and his team of craftspeople.
- Durable: made from chip resistant Stoneware clay, more durable than most clay mugs.
- Timeless: if used carefully, your Cosmic Mug will last more than a lifetime.
How To Care For Your Luxury Cosmic Mugs (video tutorial coming soon)
DO NOT microwave your Moon Mug, as the gold on the thumb spot may spark.
Colors will vary somewhat, since every Moon Mug is a unique, one-of-a-kind piece of art. This is the nature of the art, that it changes colors under bright light and in different settings. In dark light, indoors, it can appear quite black. But in bright light, colors become vibrant. 24 karat gold is melted into the glaze during the kiln firing.
CAUTION: every Cosmic Mug is ceramic. If you drop it, or hit it against something, it will break. Broken pottery cannot be repaired. Learn more on our Terms and Conditions page here: cherricopottery.com/terms-and-conditions
Learn More: Read about this "firestorm of raw stellar creation" that inspires our pottery glaze chemistry: HubbleSite.org
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.