Our iconic Spiral Cosmic Mug, handmade by Joel Cherrico on a pottery wheel, then glazed and finished by Joel and his Cherrico Pottery Team.
Cosmic Mugs are inspired by a firestorm of nebula gases captured by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope. Joel thinks of these mugs as abstract paintings. Real images of deep space galaxy cloud clusters and nebula inspire his abstract glaze paintings over an "Oil Spot Black" base glaze, meant to reference the night sky.
Cosmic Mugs are:
- Durable: Stoneware pottery is very hard and meant to last a lifetime.
- Functional: 100% non-toxic, dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Handcrafted: Joel Cherrico crafts each pot from a lump of Stoneware clay on a pottery wheel. He creates consistent shapes that hold roughly a medium cup of coffee, about 14-20 ounces, since every Cosmic Mug is unique.
- Complex: Every mug is brushed with up to six different glaze colors.
- Earthen: Raw iron, copper and cobalt are harvested from the earth & fired in a kiln to 2200 degrees F to seal colors with silica glaze for non-toxic, food-safe surfaces.
- One of a Kind: Each firing results in glazes that can never be duplicated exactly.
Read about this "firestorm of raw stellar creation" that inspires my pottery glaze chemistry: HubbleSite.org
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.